Michael A. Schneider
When the taking of a client’s land is at stake in an eminent domain action, Mr. Schneider and the experienced, capable team at the Law Offices of Kermitt L. Waters approach the challenge head on to achieve the maximum just compensation for their clients. They work tirelessly to insure their clients are treated fairly by the government and that their constitutional rights are protected. They know that the landowner is not the bad guy in an eminent domain action and deserves unyielding protection.
Mr. Schneider has been practicing exclusively in the field of eminent domain and inverse condemnation for over 18 years. During that time, Mr. Schneider has handled some of the most complex eminent domain and inverse condemnation cases in the state of Nevada. He routinely handles, engineering intense partial takings matters where it is important to understand and recover for the impacts of the government’s project on the client’s remaining land. He has also participated in several eminent domain and inverse condemnation jury and bench trials in both state and federal court. Focusing on all aspects of legal representation of his clients, Mr. Schneider has briefed several appeals of complex eminent domain matters to both the Nevada Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA Political Science and BA Psychology, 1999
- University of Montana School of Law, Juris Doctorate (JD) 2003
- Ninth Circuit
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Schneider is widely recognized not only for his commitment to his clients but also to his profession and his community. For example, in 2009 he was asked by a Nevada assemblyman to prepare a memorandum for the 2009 Nevada State Assembly explaining new Eminent Domain law provisions to be used to assist with committee decisions. Mr. Schneider has also presented eminent domain topics at national and statewide legal seminars.
Other activities include:
- Drafting legislation to protect landowners’ rights in eminent domain proceedings.
- Working with legislators to promote laws that protect landowners’ rights in eminent domain proceedings.
- Working on behalf of non-profit organizations on a pro bono basis to assist with eminent domain issues.
- Responding to the media regarding current eminent domain concerns.
- Contributing articles and other presentations related to eminent domain in Nevada and nationwide.